IF you own or manage a business you will appreciate the power of a positive social review.
The world in which we now operate is still ‘word of mouth' marketing – today customer reviews are visible and amplified by the fact that most consumers have their own online channels to broadcast on.
"Many business owners, managers and employees have a love and hate relationship with reviews and reviewers. "However, only three per cent of consumers don't consider reviews when making a purchase decision with a local business, and four out of five consumers reverse their purchase decision based on negative reviews.
Accepted wisdom is that a 4.8 star review leads to credibility and sales but 5 star reviews aren't generally believed to be true.
- Supporting you towards good social media practice are CIM's guidance via their 'Keep Social Honest' research. Key messages in this piece of work are:
- Know the law – familiarise yourself with the CAP Code and the CMA's guidance on how to comply with the law on online reviews and endorsements.
- Make sure those responsible for marketing on social media in your business have the right knowledge and skills.
- Set a policy and revisit regularly.
- Get everyone on board – make sure all of your employees and any supplier partners you use are aware of your social media policy and commit to complying with it.
- Make your position public – once you have a policy in place, let your customers know what they can expect from you and welcome their feedback.
#stewartirvine #ukipz StewartIrvine